Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Honda Dream Yuga Extended Warrenty

I have bought the Extended Warranty for 5 years since its a new vehicle and it costs only Rs. 700/- but after getting the Dream Yuga delivery I have gone through the owners manual and extended warranty manual. To my surprise there is a condition that you have to service your vehicle in every two months to get the extended warranty which doesn't make any sense to me. The owners manual is asking for service in every 4000km or 4months which is quite practical time period for a service but as per extended warranty norms its 3000km or 2months.

I had no plan to service my vehicle in every 2months (5years = 30 services, If a single service cost 500 on average 15000 service cost!). So I sent a mail to Honda customer care asking to call of my extended warranty and refund that amount.

Being a new bike the Extended warranty team members itself is not sure about the service duration. I had got couple of calls in the very next day and they assured me that they have noted 4months in the manual and 2months in extended warranty booklet and they are sorting it out and they will get back to me soon. I hope they will make it at least 3months for extended warranty. Otherwise there is no point in having an extended warranty. I really don't think that any one will service their bike in every two months for 5 years just to get the cover of extended warranty.

Update: Sad, that Honda didn't do much on this regard.  I got couple of calls and initially they claim extended warranty is not modifying any service schedules and whatever says in the owners manual holds good but when I given them the details including the page numbers of the owners manual and extended warranty booklet finally they agree. We have to service our two wheeler every two moths for next 5 years if you need to get the cover of extended warranty.

I see it as a cheating for an average user who never want to service his vehicle in two months. If I knew this before opting the extended warranty I wouldn't have taken it. Now they offered me a refund but the procedure didn't sound so nice to me so I decided to leave it as it is. But I will not recommend extended warranty for anyone who doesn't use his vehicle more than 2500km in two months. Its a waste of money and a silent & never expected cheating (I don't know I should call it as a cheating since they give the info in the booklet, but since my dealer didn't let me know this in advance and I go the booklet only after choosing it, I am referring it as a cheating) from Honda.

1 comment:

  1. The above mentioned is a matter of fact and I too have discarded the Extended Warranty but have not I go for the refund. And I should say that the service by the Hoda dealers in many places are not good and sometimes they even malservice the vehicle.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts